SENIOR SUSTAINABILITY ANALYST
A Senior Sustainability Analyst at Urban Fabrick has experience managing and consulting in the sustainable design and construction of green buildings, as well as the sustainable maintenance and operations of existing facilities, with familiarity in all versions of LEED and exposure with other sustainability frameworks and green building rating systems such as: GreenPoint Rated, Passive House, Living Building Challenge and the WELL rating system.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capabilities to meet client expectations, manage sustainability projects, coordinate with internal resources and external partners, and participate in the ongoing refinement and expansion of a sustainability consulting and communications practice. This position is located in San Francisco.
Key job requirements include encouraging and managing LEED, green building, and sustainability services, maintaining and expanding existing client relationships, and contributing to sustainability thought leadership in the region.
Successful performance in this role also requires collaborating with Principals and project associates, as well as oversight and mentoring of junior staff. It is also expected that the successful candidate will have strong writing skills and contribute to Urban Fabrick’s ongoing innovation. A writing sample may be requested.
- This position will be located in our San Francisco, California office.The individual should be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- This position reports directly to Urban Fabrick’s CEO, Wolfgang Werner.
- Project Delivery – the successful candidate will:
- Have technical skills and experience relevant to managing multiple LEED or green building performance certification projects simultaneously; be detail oriented, organized, methodical and capable of solving problems and setting priorities involved with managing several accounts/projects at once.
- Be able to lead projects and also take direction as a team member with equal facility.
- Be able to manage all project aspects of the cost, schedule, and quality of client engagement.
- Business Development – The successful candidate will have responsibilities for scoping and delivery of Urban Fabrick’s sustainability services throughout California and providing technical support to our East Coast office in New York City.
- Customize Urban Fabrick’s project management processes and technical service to the needs of the clients.
- Develop trusting professional relationships with clients including developers, owners, architects, engineers, planners, and building information modelers.
- Be easy to do business with – be available, be responsive, and be accountable.
- Assure client expectations are managed to and consistently exceeded.
- 5 – 10 years of relevant industry experience (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) with a focus on sustainability
- Familiarity with the suite of LEED rating systems and experience managing LEED projects
- LEED Accredited Professional (AP) designation.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental, architectural, engineering, or sustainability related field.
- Experience directing and overseeing the work of junior staff, taking responsibility for all aspects of a project to deliver high quality results on schedule and within budgeted project cost.
- Experience working with corporate accounts and client relationship management.
- Business development experience including identifying leads and assistance in scoping and writing proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Adept at working with MS Office Suite.
About Urban Fabrick
At Urban Fabrick, our mission is to make sustainability accessible and engaging to all. We work with our clients to build better buildings and create more livable, walkable urban neighborhoods. We deliver sustainable, cost-effective building outcomes by synthesizing research, policies and technology. We guide the progress of green building certifications, net-zero energy design and climate positive development at any scale.
Our services bridge many of the professional knowledge gaps that exist between today’s business-as-usual design practices and those required to successfully realize high-performance outcomes. We apply our knowledge of green building, adaptive design and resilience planning to help our clients make smarter decisions.
We are committed to spreading our expertise to wider professional and general audiences. We provide engaging, professional educational programming on sustainability and collaborative design. Our outreach, messaging and training services weave narrative and visual storytelling techniques into immersive educational content. Through research-based publications, interactive installations, audio tutorials and more, we engage clients and stakeholders in meaningful conversations about our changing built environment.
Kyle Pickett, COO